Every hard-core gamer is a fan of the Metroid franchise. The NES and SNES versions were probably the most popular games on either of those gaming systems. Any Metroid fan probably knows the in-game music by heart too. And if not, they would recognize it if they heard it.
Metroid Metal is one of the coolest downloads any gamer could have in their collection. The project started in 2005 by Dan Taylor, which has now evolved into a full-fledged band with Kevin Lawrence, Dan Behrens and Micheal Molnar.
There are a whole bunch of free songs on the site from Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid 2, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime 3. You can also purchase a remastered lossless CD if you donate at least $6 to the project. Go listen, it’s awesome!
Photoshop is one of those programs that everyone wants to know how to use. If all you need to do is resize a photo or add a wacky filter, you should be able to figure it out on your own, but if you want to take your Photoshop skills to the next level, watch this great video from Deke McClelland.
Deke recorded this video to the tune of Popular, by Nada Surf. I think that’s the song he’s going for anyway. Get 101 Photoshop tips in 5 minutes. Good Stuff!
If you’re a Star Trek fan, you’re gonna love this game. If you’re not a fan of Star Trek, you’ll soon be watching it anyway. If you’re looking for a new drinking game, try out BEER TREK!!!
Here are the rules:
1. When any of the following rules happen everyone drinks.
2. Captain Kirk has open wounds.
3. Captain Kirk manhandles women.
4. Captain Kirk tries to fix the controls.
5. Captain Kirk says “beam me up Scotty”.
6. Captain Kirk spares a life.
7. Captain Kirk’s “top ten fighting moves”.
8. Mr. Spock’s human half is mentioned.
9. Mr. Spock spews forth a fountain of knowledge.
10. Mr. Spock makes a calculation.
11. Mr. Spock’s green blood is shown or mentioned.
12. Mr. Spock nerve pinches anyone.
13. Mr. Spock makes a tricorder reading.
14. Mr. Spock mindmelds with anyone or anything.
15. Mr. Spock calls Captain Kirk “Jim”.
16. Mr. Spock is in command of the ship.
17. Mr. Spock and Doctor McKoy agree on something.
18. Mr. Spock finds anything “fascinating” or “unusual”.
19. Mr. Spock has to hide his ears.
20. Dr. McKoy proclaims that he is a doctor, not something else.
21. Dr. McKoy tranquilizes anyone or administers medicine.
22. Dr. McKoy says “he’s dead Jim”.
23. Mr. Scott is in control of the ship.
24. Any of Mr. Scott’s Scottish humor is spoken.
25. Uhura opens a hailing frequency.
26. When communications are out.
27. Sulu reads off several intervals of time or distance.
28. Mr. Chekov mispronounces a name.
29. Any technical shit.
30. The ship is orbiting a planet.
31. Any references to the 20th century.
32. Any time the ship’s screen or the shields are activated.
33. Starfleet regulations are quoted.
34. The ship goes into warp factor (1 drink per factor).
35. The ship goes to any alert.
36. Any part of the ship “can’t take it anymore”.
37. The controls don’t respond.
38. Anytime the lights flicker.
39. The transporter is inoperative.
40. Anytime the phasers are set to stun.
41. Any weapons discharge.
42. A damage report is called for or given.
43. Anytime someone in red dies.
44. Anyone insults Mr. Spock.
45. Anyone raises an eyebrow.
46. Anyone is out of uniform.
47. Anyone is thrown around by the ship.
48. Unnatural perspiration is seen.
49. Bad planet sets.
50. Anytime that the captain’s log is mentioned.
51. Any person that recites character lines before they are said or gives away the plot of the episode.
Old video games were super hard. I’m talking about classics from the days of Atari and Nintendo. Most of those games didn’t have save features and you we’re only given a 3 lives. Did you ever play Contra WITHOUT the cheat code?
Here are my picks for the hardest games I’ve ever played, all from the NES
Mike Tysons Punch Out
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Those games were hard, but imagine if they had a “hard” mode. I think I’d probably break all of my video games out of frustration. Check out this video to see what hard mode would’ve been like.